Corporate Social Responsibility
At Absoft, being a good corporate citizen is inherent in everything we do. We take our corporate responsibility towards the environment and local community very seriously. The Company commits a fixed proportion of its annual profits to the staff-led Charities Committee who maintain our relationships with local charities and fundraising groups. The Charities Committee also encourages additional fund raising activities.
Recent charity donations have included:
We strive to minimise the impact our operations have on the environment.
We are committed to the protection of our surroundings and to achieve this we actively follow the principles of Reduce – Reuse – Recycle in all of our activities. We also provide adequate control of the environmental risks arising from our work activities and regularly consult our employees and others on matters affecting our environmental performance.
We are also members of the Bright Green Business Network whom provide us with support and materials on environmentally friendly practices and advise us on how we can continue to improve our environmental practices and minimise our footprint.
Absoft enjoys a strong connection with Aberdeen’s Robert Gordon University. We have recruited a number of RGU placement students and graduates to our staff over the years, and since 2002 we have sponsored the University’s Entrepreneurship Lecture which is held annually at Aberdeen Business School.
Speakers at this event have included :
- 2015: Duncan Skinner, Glencraft
- 2014: Lucinda Bruce Gardyne, Genius Foods
- 2013: Roy MacGregor OBE, Global Energy Group
- 2012: Edel Harris, Cornerstone Community Care
- 2011: Murray Strachan, Strachan & Partners
- 2010: Ken Milroy, Aberdeen Foyer
- 2009: Martin Dickie & James Watt, BrewDog
- 2008: Melfort Campbell OBE, of Imes Group
- 2007: Jamie Smith, of the Ice Factor
- 2006: Jim McColl OBE, Clyde Bowes Plc
- 2005: Chris Gorman, Gadget Shop
- 2003: Robert Morris, Morris Furniture
- 2002: Mark Dearnley, Wellbeing.com
- 2001: Sir Tom Hunter, Hunter Foundation
- 2000: Alison J, Business Angels
- 1999: Chris Van Der, 4J Studios
- 1998: Stephen E Remp, Ramco Energy Plc
- 1997: John Milligan CBE, Atlantic Power
- 1996: Jack Black, Mindstore
If you would like more information or would like us to consider sponsoring or donating to your cause please email: email@example.com