Absoft Charities Committee Donates Funds to Local Causes
Absoft’s charities committee is pleased to announce it has donated to a number of local causes in the first half of 2017.
Fundraising activities at Absoft HQ have included a step challenge, which saw four teams racking up an inspiring 4,515,799 steps (the equivalent of walking about 2,300 miles - a trek from Aberdeen to Marrakesh, Morocco!) over the course of two weeks, as well as a bake off and a Grand National sweepstake.
This year’s worthy recipients have, so far, included:
- Friends of the Aberdeen Vulnerable, local street food volunteers
- Instant Neighbour Foodbank
- Maggies Centre ARI, a support centre for all of those affected by cancer
- Danestone Gala, raising funds for the local community hall and each of the participant groups and organisations who use it
- Masjid Alhikmah, a charity aiming to provide a dynamic, active masjid and community centre in Aberdeen
- The Breadmaker, which provides employment, training, educational opportunities and social activities to adults with learning disabilities
- Willows Animal Sanctuary, providing a lifetime home for over 300 rescued horses and animals, as well as an assisted therapy unit
- Halfpenny-Farm, which gives old and ill animals at risk a fresh start and a safe home for life
Toria Smith of the committee said: “We are really pleased to have raised funds for several worthy causes, each of which holds particular importance to individuals within our team.
“The work carried out by the charities committee isn’t just important for our local community, but also goes towards supporting our team building efforts. Partaking in activities such as these foster our positive internal culture, on which we place great importance, and we look forward to continuing our support for worthy local causes in 2017 and beyond.”